|This page is UNDER CONSTRUCTION:
Skill Training needs more info and this page needs info about the new level cap (60)
- 1 What are Stat points?
- 2 Where are the stat trainers?
- 3 What statistics do what?
- 4 What is the maximum level I can train a Stat to?
- 5 How much do statistics cost to train?
- 6 Is there any way I can change stats I've already trained?
- 7 How Are Damage Bonuses calculated?
- 8 How much STR/DEX/INT do I need to maximise my damage bonus?
What are Stat points?
You receive 5 Stat points upon reaching every new level (after Level 1). You can use these at any time to improve your character's statistics at the Stat trainer.
Stat points never disappear, so you can save them up until you have decided how best to use them.
Where are the stat trainers?
There are currently stat trainers located in Oaklore and Falconreach.
Oaklore - The Trainer is Rolith, As you enter Oaklore Keep, he is the one on your right.
Falconreach - At the road before the entrance screen leading to the guardian tower, go down one screen and enter the shop on your far right of the screen. This is the Defender shop, and this is where your stats can be trained.
What statistics do what?
STR - Strength
- Increases melee damage.
- Very useful for Warrior/Non-Dagger Melee Classes
- Not at all useful to mages or rouges.
INT - Intelligence
- Increases magic damage
- Very useful to mages
- Not so useful to rogues or warriors.
DEX - Dexterity
- Increases pierce damage.
- Very useful for Rogues (and others) who wield daggers (or scythes).
END - Endurance
- Increases maximum HP by 5 points for every 1 END.
- Useful to all classes, as you can't do anything if you're dead!(For obvious reasons)
CHA - Charisma
- Currently increases your pet training rolls and the % odds of pet abilities.
- Increases chances that your dragon will perform its special attacks more often
- Not useful yet, unless you use Linus and his brethren as well as your dragon heavily.
- Also useful in the Grams pet shop quests.
WIS - Wisdom
- Increases maximum mana by 10 points for every 1 WIS.
- Useful to all classes, as most abilities cost mana.
LUK - Luck
- Increases many rolls in some small way.
- Rolls that Luck is known to affect include pet taming rolls, blacksmith training, and chance to hit.
- Useful obviously to everyone...in a small way.
- Also useful in the Grams pet shop quests.
What is the maximum level I can train a Stat to?
You can train each statistic up to a maximum of 200.
How much do statistics cost to train?
The cost to increase your stats by one point is equal to your characters level. The following table sets out the cost at each level.
|Cost to Train||N/A||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16||17||18'||19||20||21||22||23||24||25|
|Cost to use all points||N/A||10||30||60||100||150||210||280||360||450||550||660||780||910||1050||1200||1360||1530||1710||1900||2100||2310||2530||2760||3000|
|Cost to Train||26||27||28||29||30||31||32||33||34||35||36||37||38||39||40||41||42||43||44||45||46||47||48||49||50|
|Cost to use all points||9750||10530||11340||12180||13050||13950||14880||15840||16830||17850||18900||19980||21090||22230||23400||24600||25830||27090||28380||29700||31050||32430||33840||35280||36750|
Note: Lower bar "cost to use all points" hasnt been updated yet, as such its inaccurate
Is there any way I can change stats I've already trained?
Yes, just visit the same place where you go to Train Stats (FALCONREACH Town Hall) and Click "Un-Train" and pay 1000 Gold. This is currently the only way to un-train stats, which completely blanks your stats.
Note: Save up LOTS of gold if you plan to do this at high levels, for you must pay the training cost for ALL stat points after you untrain them.
How Are Damage Bonuses calculated?
Damage bonuses (for STR, DEX and INT) are added to the initial damage of the weapon as a flat amount, equal to the maximum of (Stat/2) and (Max Weapon Damage/5).
You are using a weapon dealing 5 - 20 damage and your STR/DEX/INT is 12. Your base Melee damage bonus is +6, but the weapon cap is 20% x max damage = +4. Therefore, when you wield this weapon, it deals 9 - 24 damage.
Rogues using Daggers for Melee Attacks
The bonus is applied in total to both of a rogue's dagger melee attacks.
So if you have 24 STR, then both attacks would have +12 damage. However, the damage cap is likely to apply.
How much STR/DEX/INT do I need to maximise my damage bonus?
Table calculated using the best weapons
This table shows the statistics required to gain the maximum damage bonus using the weapon with the greatest maximum damage:
- Swords/Axes/Maces - Guardian Blade (Level 29) - 99 maximum damage
- Daggers - Dread Twin Blades of Doom - 79 maximum damage
- Staffs - The Greenman's Finger - 92 maximum damage
|Class||Weapon||Attack||Statistic Required for Maximum Damage Bonus|
|Rogue||Sword||Normal, Rapid, Poison, Blind, Aimed||50 STR|
|Rogue||Dagger||Normal, Rapid, Poison, Blind, Aimed||50 STR|
|Rogue||Sword||Surprise Attack||50 STR|
|Rogue||Dagger||Surprise Attack||50 STR|
|Rogue||Sword||Throw, Wild Daggers||50 DEX|
|Rogue||Dagger||Throw, Wild Daggers||50 DEX|
|Mage||Any||Attack, Acid||50 INT|
|Mage||Any||Fury, Final, Elemental||50 INT|
|Warrior||Sword||Attack, Double, Triple, STR, Power, Final||50 STR|
|Warrior||Sword||Throw, Multi||50 DEX|
Formulas for calculation
- If you are a Rogue doing Normal attack, Rapid attack, Poison*, Blind*, or Aimed* with any weapon, you should have 2 * 20% of the listed max damage, rounded up, in STR.
- If you are a Rogue doing Surprise attack with daggers, you need 3 * 2 *20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in STR.
- If you are a Rogue doing Surprise attack with swords, you need 1.5 * 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of the weapon in STR.
- If you are a Rogue doing Throw or Wild with daggers, you need 2 * 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in DEX.
- If you are a Rogue doing Throw or Wild with swords, you need 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in DEX.
- If you are a Mage doing Attack or Acid, you need 2 * 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in INT.
- If you are a Mage doing Fury, Final, or Elemental Spells, you need 2.5 * 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in INT (i.e. 1 point per listed point).
- If you are a Warrior doing Normal, Double, Triple, STR, Power, or Final, you need 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in STR.
- If you are a Warrior doing Throw or Multi, you need 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in DEX.