Jump to navigation Jump to search
Became Galanoth's bloodbrother after Galanoth saved his life, his family took care of Galanoth after his parents died.
In A Letter From Home:
- Demento: Akriloth has always been one of the most powerful fire dragons on Lore.
- Demento: She's been rampaging over the entire continent for years, with many casualties left in her wake.
- Demento: Do not underestimate her, <<You>>.
- Demento: Akriloth is now in the possession of the fire orb because of her deception of another adventurer, much like you.
- Demento: I don't know, we have to try though...
- Demento: We're going to have to get close to Akriloth first, which means fight our way through her fiery minions.
- Demento: Good luck, <<You>>... you're going to need it.
- In Aftermath:
- Demento: We'll regroup.
- Demento: Akriloth's pride will be her downfall.
- Demento: Fire has a counter...
- Demento: I'll head north, brother, and search for an ice weapon that can take that fiery menace down, once and for all!
- In The Search:
- Demento: <<You>>, Akriloth must be stopped.
- Demento: We'll go north and search the frozen wastes there.
- Demento: There is a clan of ice dragons, as well as a rumor of something more ancient...
- Demento: ...Something that dwells in the glacial caves and collects the frozen remnants of battles long past.
- Demento: Will you go with me?
- <<You>>: Of course, Demento. I... whatever I can do t o help bring down that fire dragon.
- <<You>>: What, or who, are we searching for?
- Demento: Long ago, the Elemental Lords placed guardians on Lore to protect their realms.
- Demento: It is said one of the ice guardians became corrupted, greedy.
- Demento: Instead of protecting the area left to it, it incited battles, it stole treasures... and weapons, including the Ice Scythe.
- <<You>>: Ice Scythe?
- Demento: The Ice Scythe was crafted from the coldest glacial ice, cut from the depths of a lost cavern and enchanted with a powerful special effect.
- Demento: I believe that if you hit Akriloth with the Ice Scythe just once, it will drain his power and transfer some of its strength to you.
- Demento: It should make the fight fair... but first, we need to find the corrupted guardian's lair.
- Demento: Here, look <<You>>.
- Demento: Do you see them?
- <<You>>: See what?
- Demento: The caves. There in the mountain side.
- Demento: We'll camp tonight and explore the mountain side when we're rested.
- <<You>>: Demento...
- <<You>>: I thought all of Galanoth's family had been killed by Akriloth.
- Demento: I am not Galanoth's brother by birth, <<You>>.
- Demento: After Akriloth burned his family's farm to the ground, my family took him in.
- Demento: We became blood brothers shortly after that.
- <<You>>: I see... what happened to make you become blood brothers?
- Demento: *laughs*
- Demento: Gal was just five years old, but he was already fearless...
- Demento: I was ten, and apparently looked like good prey.
- Demento: I was out, gathering wood for camp and a wyvern swooped down and grasped me in its claws.
- Demento: Wyverns would occasionally take smaller farm animals to feed their brood, but with Akriloth rampaging... I was much easier prey.
- Demento: The wyvern swooped down to carry me off and Galanoth ran...
- Demento: Heh, it seemed like he jumped 10 feet in the air... and he grabbed hold of my legs and wouldn't let go.
- Demento: Our weight together was too much for the wyvern and she dropped us back down.
- Demento: Gal saved me from becoming dragon food and I owe him my life.
- Demento: Anyways... it's time to gather our energy, <<You>>.
- Demento: We have an ancient and corrupt guardian to face tomorrow...
- Demento: And we have to convince him to give us the only weapon strong enough to defeat Akriloth!